The Fairley Foundation has supported thousands of people and hundreds of programs across Greater Shepparton for more than half a century, inspiring achievement and aspiration across the community.
Building on that legacy, and reflecting the vision of Sir Andrew and Lady Fairley, the Foundation will seek out and fund programs that enhance the arts, culture and education pathways in the Greater Shepparton community.
Our support of programs is guided by the following principles:
- Making arts, culture and education the core of our activities;
- Creating a thriving arts community with increased levels of music, dance and art education;
- Supporting social justice;
- Providing accessible and inclusive art and education opportunities across all minority groups; and
- Providing accessible and inclusive art and educational opportunities across Indigenous community.
Our Measures of Success
- An increase in skilled teaching professionals in all artistic domains within Greater Shepparton;
- Increased participation in arts and cultural programs in Greater Shepparton;
- Greater recognition of diversity, talent and achievement in arts and culture by representatives of all residents of Greater Shepparton including minority groups and our Indigenous communities;
- Enhancing philanthropic support for Greater Shepparton by hosting Philanthropic Summits;
- Stronger social justice programs through annual support for the Greater Shepparton Foundation; and
- A more liveable Greater Shepparton community offering cultural and economic opportunities to all.