We are currently looking for a new Part Time Executive Officer.
PART TIME EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Fairley Foundation is a Testamentary Philanthropic Trust operating within the Goulburn Valley created on the death of Sir Andrew Fairley in 1965. Governed by nine Trustees, six of whom are family members, its mission is to drive momentous social and cultural change in Greater Shepparton, and to enhance the liveability within that community.
Over the last 55 plus years, the Foundation has made hundreds of grants to numerous organisations within Shepparton and the Goulburn Valley. Most recently, it has taken a lead in the philanthropic sector, promoting the benefits of place based funding, and seeding the establishment of the Greater Shepparton Foundation as a Public Benevolent Institution and DGR1.
The Foundation has had three Executive Officers over the last 12 years and is now seeking to appoint a new person to the role. This individual will continue to expand on recent work to increase the Foundation’s reach within the local community and the external philanthropic community, with a particular focus in education, arts and culture.
The Fairley Foundation is seeking applications for an Executive Officer for between 1-2 days each week and based in Melbourne with monthly visits to Shepparton (COVID restrictions allowing). The role will continue to expand on recent work to increase the Foundation’s reach within the local community and the external philanthropic community, with a particular focus in education, arts and culture. Applicants should have comprehensive knowledge of how the NFP and philanthropic sectors work and experience in measurement of outcomes of social programs. The role will be offered a salary package of $20k on an annual basis, per day worked or part thereof (ie. if the average time worked is one and a half days per week, the salary will be $30k).
Duties include the following and a full position description is available upon request.
· Community outreach and grant making (40% of the time)
· Engagement with the philanthropic sector (25% of the time)
· Communications (10% of the time)
· Events (10% of the time)
· Financial (5% of the time)
· Administration (10% of the time)
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and attributes:
· Ability to assess potential of projects and their impact.
· Ability to make judgements about appropriate partners.
· Flexibility to work with a wide range of people and organisations including community, government, philanthropy and business.
· Experience in measurement of outcomes of social programs.
· Skills in project management.
· Ability to think strategically.
· Ability to facilitate discussions involving diverse groups of people and bringing out the best in all of them.
· Capacity to build and maintain trust based relationships.
· Comprehensive knowledge of how the NFP and philanthropic sectors work.
Please forward expressions of interest to the attention of Andrew Fairley to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the role, please click here to download a PDF of the position description or view the advertisement for the role on Philanthropy Australia’s website or call us on 0481 315 684.